A Baltimore Car Accident Lawyer Fighting For Your Rights
Baltimore Car Accident Lawyer John J. Leppler understands the frequency and seriousness of car accidents in the Baltimore area, but more importantly, he understands the impact it has on your life and the life of your loved ones. A serious injury can leave you living in pain with mounting medical bills, lost wages, and losses you can’t quantify, like not being able to hold your child or drive. If this sounds like you – if your life has been impacted by an accident or injury – the Law Office of John J. Leppler can help. You have legal options; let’s explore them together.
Types of Baltimore Car Accidents
At the Law Office of John J. Leppler, we can help residents in these types of accidents and many more. Regardless of the accident, if you are injured, and those injuries impact your life, you should reach out to a personal injury attorney to learn about your legal options.
- Hit and Run Accidents. It is most common for hit-and-run accidents to include pedestrians and bicyclists, although car-on-car accidents also occur on Baltimore highways.
- Ridesharing Accidents. Ridesharing has become a popular alternative to traditional taxi services, with many relying on Uber and Lyft as a main form of transportation. But when an accident occurs it isn’t as cut and dry as traditional owner-driven accidents.
- Multi-car accidents. A multi-car collision occurs when more than one vehicle is involved in the accident. Multi-car accidents are more likely to occur in areas with heavy traffic, like construction zones.
- Broadside collisions. Often referred to as “T-bone” collisions, these types of Baltimore car accidents occur when another car hits your driver or passenger doors from the side, often because a driver has run a red light or stop sign. These types of accidents commonly cause broken bones and crush injuries.
- Rear-end accidents. Rear-end accidents are the most common type of car accident and are most likely to occur when traffic is backed up. Rear-end collisions typically result in whiplash injuries or even traumatic head and brain injuries if your head hits the dashboard or airbag due to excessive force.
- Head-on collisions. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) defines a head-on collision as “the front end of one vehicle collid[ing] with the front end of another vehicle while the two vehicles are traveling in opposite directions.” Head-on collisions also cause whiplash injuries or traumatic head and brain injuries, along with facial and upper body lacerations.
- Distracted driving accidents. Across the country, distracted driving accidents are on the rise, and Maryland is no different. Accidents due to texting, calling, eating, or otherwise engaging in phone-related distractions behind the wheel can lead to serious accidents.
- DUI and driving accidents. In the United States, an average of 12,000 people are killed annually in DUI accidents, which accounts for more than 30 percent of all traffic fatalities. If you’ve been injured due to an impaired driver, you have rights.
About Car vs. Truck Accidents in Baltimore
Due to the size of the vehicles involved, truck accidents typically result in severe injuries and more substantial losses than your average car accident. Accidents involving “big rigs” and 18- wheelers commonly result in fatalities. At the Law Office of John J. Leppler, we guide our clients through the medical process, helping minimize all medical bills. Other trucking accidents might include dump trucks, garbage trucks, industrial equipment, RVs, or large trucks hauling 5th wheels and horse trailers.
What Kind of Compensation is Available After a Car Accident in Baltimore?
In Maryland, damages that can be recovered after a car accident case are broken up into two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages, which include medical bills, lost wages, and any other out-of-pocket expense related to your injuries.
- Non-economic damages, which include mental anguish, pain and suffering, inconvenience, and other intangible harms and losses that have been caused by the accident.
There are limits on the recovery of non-economic damages awarded after a car accident case in Maryland, called “caps.” Currently, the cap on non-economic damages caused by car accidents is $800,000.
How Baltimore Car Accident Lawyer John Leppler Plays for You
Baltimore Car Accident Lawyer John J. Leppler will handle all aspects of your personal injury claim, allowing you to focus on your recovery and well-being. Attorney Leppler will analyze your case during your free consultation, provide you with legal options, help you decide your best course of action, gather and organize the evidence necessary to establish your claim, assign liability, and handle your claims during settlement negotiations or at trial.
We’ll aggressively fight the insurance companies and won’t back down by accepting an undervalued settlement. Attorney Leppler will personally handle your case from beginning to end with an unwavering commitment to win.
Is the Consultation with Attorney John Leppler Really Free?
Yes, your free consultation is 100% free, with no obligation on your part. When you call or email, Baltimore Personal Injury Attorney John J. Leppler will ask you questions about your accident and injuries, provide you with your legal options, and help you decide the best course of action for your unique circumstances. We welcome the opportunity to answer all of your questions.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Baltimore Car Accident Lawyer Today
At the Law Office of John J. Leppler, we offer the important convenience and qualities that you won’t always find at big law firms:
- 24/7 accessibility and attention to detail throughout the legal process
- Free, no-obligation consultations
- No fee unless we win
- Same-day responses to messages
- Aggressive dealing with insurance companies and opposing attorneys
- Personalized and customized attention to the details of your unique case
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident in Baltimore, first seek immediate medical attention, then contact us either by email or by phone at 443-955-1989 for a same-day response, even before you contact your insurance company.
We have the experience and understanding of the law regarding the injuries resulting from a motor vehicle accident and will treat you with compassion and respect and your claim with efficiency and care. Contact us today for a free consultation.