A Baltimore Rideshare Accident Lawyer Can Help After An Uber or Lyft Accident
Ridesharing has become a popular alternative to traditional taxi services, with many relying on Uber and Lyft as a main form of transportation. These car rides are often cheaper, quicker, and more accessible, but when an accident occurs it isn’t as cut and dry as traditional owner-driven accidents. Baltimore Rideshare Lawyer John Leppler understands the rapidly evolving laws surrounding rideshare services and can help if you or a loved one suffered injuries during an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident.
Rideshare Insurance Policy Limitations
Uber and Lyft drivers are regular people with no specific training beyond a fairly simple approval process. Baltimore riders have their own car insurance, along with the coverage that the ridesharing company provides. However, the insurance coverage for Uber and Lyft accidents only applies in certain situations during your portion of your ride:
- Rideshare insurance will not apply when the driver is in their vehicle but not using the app; in other words, are “offline.” Any accidents that happen during this offline period are not covered by the ridesharing company’s insurance.
- When a driver is in their vehicle and using the app while they are waiting for a customer, they are considered “available.” For available Uber drivers the company maintains a maximum of $50,000 for bodily injuries or death of one person ($100,000 limit per accident) and $25,000 for loss of or damage to property.
- For Uber, once a driver has accepted a ride and is actively engaging in the route, the company maintains the following insurance policies: $1 million for third-party liability, and uninsured/underinsured motorist injury.
Every accident is different and the specific scenario surrounding your case should be reviewed by an experienced lawyer.
How Can a Baltimore Rideshare Lawyer Help You if You’ve Been Involved in a Rideshare Accident?
Many complicated legal issues arise when you have been involved in a rideshare accident. An experienced Baltimore rideshare lawyer like John Leppler can help you:
- Navigate the rideshare company’s insurance policies
- Deal with the rideshare company’s legal team
- Help you recover your medical bills, lost wages, and any other damages you may not be aware of or don’t fully realize the value of
- Manage all details of your accident claim, giving you time to recover without the added stress of navigating a claim by yourself
A Baltimore Rideshare Lawyer Can Help You With Your Claim
Experienced Baltimore Ridesharing Lawyer John J. Leppler will handle all aspects of your claim, allowing you to focus on your recovery if you’ve been injured or a loved one has died. Mr. Leppler will analyze your case during your free consultation, provide you with options, help you decide your best course of action, gather and organize the evidence necessary to establish your claim, assign liability, and handle your claims during settlement negotiations or at trial.
Mr. Leppler has a great deal of experience handling rideshare accident claims. He’ll aggressively fight for your rights and won’t back down by accepting an undervalued settlement. Mr. Leppler will personally handle your case from beginning to end with an unwavering commitment to win.
Contact a Baltimore Rideshare Accident Lawyer if You’ve Been Injured in a Ridesharing Accident
At the Leppler Injury Law, we have the experience and understanding of the law necessary to help you with your ridesharing accident. We also offer important services that you can’t find at the mega-firms, such as 24/7 accessibility, free consultations, same-day responses to messages, proactive tactics toward insurance companies and opposing attorneys, an experienced track record, and personalized and customized attention to the details of your unique case.