Baltimore Truck Accident Lawyer Fighting For Your Rights
Baltimore Truck Accident Lawyer John J. Leppler understands the severity of truck accidents in the Baltimore area, as any accident involving a large commercial truck is bound to have serious consequences. But more importantly, he understands the consequences such accidents have on your life and the lives of your loved ones.
Serious injuries, like those caused by truck accidents, may leave you with a mountain of medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses, including losses you can’t even measure, like the pleasure of playing with your child or your grandchildren. If your life has been negatively impacted by a truck accident or injury, contact a Baltimore truck accident lawyer at the Law Office of John J. Leppler for help. You may have legal options, and we can explore them together.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
There are numerous reasons for trucks accidents, including:
- Trucker’s distracted driving
- Trucker’s fatigued driving
- Trucker’s speeding
- Trucker’s impaired driving
- Trucker’s lack of experience
- Trucker’s poor judgment
- Vehicle drivers driving in the truck’s zero visibility zones; i.e., the zones behind and beside a commercial truck where the truck where mirrors don’t cover
- Vehicle drivers changing lanes abruptly around a truck
- Vehicle drivers misjudging an approaching truck’s speed at an intersection and making a left turn in front of the truck
- Vehicle drivers merging improperly into traffic, causing a truck to brake quickly
- Vehicle drivers failing to slow down or speed up when a truck begins to change lanes or merge
- Vehicle drivers unsafe passing, particularly passing with insufficient headway
- Vehicle drivers pulling into traffic in front of a truck without accelerating sufficiently
- Vehicle drivers driving between large trucks
- Abandoning a vehicle in a travel lane, or failing to get a disabled vehicle completely off the highway and onto the shoulder
About Truck Accident Liability
Truck accidents are commonly very serious, due to the nature of an 80,000-pound vehicle rolling down the road at 75 m.p.h. Stopping these vehicles suddenly generates tremendous amounts of sheer force that has to be absorbed by something; unfortunately, typically a 4,000 passenger vehicle. Another reason truck accident cases are so complicated are the issues involved with identifying the fault of the various involved parties.
With large commercial trucking accidents, there may be multiple entities that share fault for truck accidents, including:
- Drivers. Often, truck drivers are solely responsible, and they may be independent contractors rather than employees. If this is the case, the only party to sue may be the driver, and few drivers have the financial resources to pay for your damages.
- Trucking Companies. Trucking companies should make sure that their trucks are safe and that their drivers are adequately trained and qualified. When trucking companies fail to adequately train and verify their drivers, they may be held liable for any resulting accidents.
- Insurance Companies. Trucking companies are subject to special laws and regulations regarding everything from inspections to insurance. Sorting out what insurance coverage a truck, trucking company, or other party has can be difficult. You’ll need an attorney with experience handling trucking accident cases.
- Third-Party Contractors. Many trucking companies hire various third-party contractors to handle everything from ownership to driving to maintenance. This may be due to relative costs but may also be for the purpose of attempting to shield themselves from liability.
Contact a Baltimore Truck Accident Lawyer to Schedule a Free Consultation Today
At the Law Office of John J. Leppler, you’ll find the kind of personal attention that you can’t find at the huge mega-firms, such as 24/7 accessibility and attention to detail throughout the legal process, free, no-obligation consultations, no fees charged unless you win, same-day responses to messages, an aggressive approach for dealing with insurance companies and opposing attorneys, and personalized and customized attention to the details of your unique case.
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident in Baltimore, first seek immediate medical attention, then contact a Baltimore truck accident lawyer either by email or by phone at 443-955-1989 for a same-day response, even before you contact your insurance company.
We will handle your claims with the kind of personal attention we’ve become known for. Contact us today for a free consultation.