Start a Claim With a Baltimore Bicycle Accident Lawyer
The great city of Baltimore is a dense, highly-populated city, surrounded by dense, high-populated areas like Washington, D.C. As such, it has its share of accidents, including bicycle accidents.
Bike riding is dangerous in highly-populated areas; but the fact is, bicycle accidents can happen on any road, at any time, for any number of reasons. If you’ve been injured or a loved one has been killed in a bicycle accident, Baltimore Bicycle Accident Lawyer John J. Leppler can help you recover full financial compensation.
Bicycles vs. Motor Vehicles: A Disastrous Clash
Most bicycle accidents come in two forms: (1) falling, which is the most common, and (2) colliding with a motor vehicle, which is the most dangerous. Bicycle vs. motor vehicle isn’t really a fair match, because bike riders almost always come out on the short end of these accidents. Bike riders present a very narrow profile on the roadways, making them hard to see by automobile drivers, especially distracted or impaired drivers. Further, bicycles are not surrounded by a protective metal covering, leaving very little protection between the bike rider and the street or motor vehicle.
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), 843 bike riders were killed in accidents with motor vehicles in 2019 throughout our nation. Although bike rider deaths have decreased 16% since 1975, they have increased 36% since reaching their lowest point in 2010. Additionally, Baltimore has some intersections that are quite dangerous to bike riders.
How a Baltimore Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a Biking Accident
Baltimore Bicycle Accident Lawyer John J. Leppler can help you if you’ve been involved in a bicycling accident in a variety of ways, including:
- Protecting Your Legal Interests. Injuries caused by bicycle accidents aren’t always immediately symptomatic. A Baltimore bicycle accident lawyer can secure compensation for future care. Your legal interests should be protected for as long as you need them.
- Prioritizing Your Claim. From the very moment of your accident, a Baltimore bicycle accident lawyer will stand by your side and make sure you recover every penny of compensation you’re entitled to. Remember, an insurance company’s job is to make money; in other words, to pay out as little as possible. They are very good at convincing people to accept low-ball settlements with the lure of quick money. We’ll help you obtain a favorable settlement, or will take them to court.
- Avoiding Legal Hazards. Remember to avoid communicating with an insurance company before contacting us. Do not allow your communications to be recorded, and don’t sign any written document. In fact, don’t say anything beyond the most basic incontrovertible facts. Contact us first and we’ll handle the insurance company for you.
- Developing a Strategy Uniquely Tailored to Your Circumstances. A Baltimore bicycle accident lawyer understands the nuances of the law, including the potential technicalities, paperwork requirements, and loopholes. We’ll help you avoid any errors that may cost you money.
- Gathering Evidence and Proving Fault. A successful claim revolves around proving fault supported by evidence, which is often difficult to obtain. This is beyond the experience of typical laypersons, but a Baltimore bicycle accident lawyer like John J. Leppler is an expert.
- Helping You Rest Easy and Recover. A Baltimore bicycle accident lawyer does nothing but recover money for you. We are the experts, and you can simply hand the claim over to us, and we’ll deal with the insurance company and opposing party. We’ll let you know when we need anything from you, so you can relax and focus on your recovery.
Let a Baltimore Bicycle Accident Lawyer Handle Your Bicycle Accident Claims
At the Law Office of John J. Leppler, we understand the law and nuances of bicycle accidents. We offer a wide array of important services that you won’t find at larger firms, such as free consultations, a contingent fee basis, an experienced track record with a 98% success rate, 24/7 accessibility, same-day responses to messages, aggressive tactics toward insurance companies and opposing attorneys, and personalized and customized attention to the details of your unique case.