A Baltimore Ridesharing Lawyer Can Help After An Uber or Lyft Accident
Ridesharing has become a popular alternative to traditional taxi services, with many relying on Uber and Lyft as a main form of transportation. These car rides are often cheaper, quicker, and more accessible, but when an accident occurs it isn’t as cut and dry as traditional owner-driven accidents. Baltimore Ridesharing Lawyer John J. Leppler understands the rapidly evolving laws surrounding rideshare services and can help if you or a loved one suffered injuries during an Uber or Lyft ridesharing accident.
Ridesharing Insurance Policy Limitations
Uber and Lyft drivers are regular people with no specific training beyond a fairly simple approval process. Baltimore riders have their own car insurance, along with the coverage that the ridesharing company provides. However, the insurance coverage for Uber and Lyft accidents only applies in certain situations during your portion of your ride:
- Ridesharing insurance will not apply when the driver is in their vehicle but not using the app; in other words, are “offline.” Any accidents that happen during this offline period are not covered by the ridesharing company’s insurance.
- Ridesharing insurance will not apply when the driver is in the “available” status. When a driver is in their vehicle and using the app while they are waiting for a customer, they are considered “available.” Available drivers are required to carry a total of $100,000 for bodily injuries or the death of any person in any one accident; a maximum of $50,000 for bodily injuries or death of one person and $50,000 for loss of or damage to property of others, except cargo.
- Therefore, essentially, ridesharing insurance is only available when a driver has accepted a ride. “Accepted” includes before, during, and after pickup. During the “accepted” period, drivers are required to carry $1 million for death, personal injury, and property damage per occurrence and uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage of at least $1 million per incident.
How Can a Baltimore Ridesharing Lawyer Help You if You’ve Been Involved in a Ridesharing Accident?
Many complicated legal issues arise when you have been involved in a rideshare accident. An experienced Baltimore ridesharing lawyer like John J. Leppler can help you:
- Navigate the rideshare company’s insurance policies
- Deal with the rideshare company’s legal team
- Help you recover your medical bills, lost wages, and any other damages you may not be aware of or don’t fully realize the value of
- Manage all details of your accident claim, giving you time to recover without the added stress of navigating a claim by yourself
A Baltimore Ridesharing Lawyer Can Help You With Your Claim
Experienced Baltimore Ridesharing Lawyer John J. Leppler will handle all aspects of your claim, allowing you to focus on your recovery if you’ve been injured or a loved one has died. Mr. Leppler will analyze your case during your free consultation, provide you with options, help you decide your best course of action, gather and organize the evidence necessary to establish your claim, assign liability, and handle your claims during settlement negotiations or at trial.
Mr. Leppler has a great deal of experience handling rideshare accident claims. He’ll aggressively fight for your rights and won’t back down by accepting an undervalued settlement. Mr. Leppler will personally handle your case from beginning to end with an unwavering commitment to win.
Contact a Baltimore Rideshare Accident Lawyer if You’ve Been Injured in a Ridesharing Accident
At the Law Office of John J. Leppler, we have the experience and understanding of the law necessary to help you with your ridesharing accident. We also offer important services that you can’t find at the mega-firms, such as 24/7 accessibility, free consultations, same-day responses to messages, proactive tactics toward insurance companies and opposing attorneys, an experienced track record, and personalized and customized attention to the details of your unique case.